Farm-Style Sausage Bake RecipeFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed shopping list
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- Dash each pepper and ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or sage shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mash potatoes. Beat in the green onions, garlic, butter, milk, egg yolks, pepper and nutmeg until light and fluffy.
- Stir in parsley, sausage and cheeses. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating15 people
Girl, all you had to say was 'farm' and 'sausage', and I was IN! Looks great; can't wait to try it! Blessings, debdebntim in Outer Banks loved it
This looks like it will be a popular dish in our house too. Thanks!mbeards2 in Omaha loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!