Sugared PecansFrom peetabear 6 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Whisk egg white until foamy; add pecans, and stir until evenly coated.
- 2. Stir together sugars; sprinkle over pecans. Stir gently until pecans are evenly coated. Spread pecans in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until pecans are toasted and dry, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Note: Store pecans in a zip-top plastic freezer bag at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 weeks.
- Southern Living, DECEMBER 2007
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Love sugared pecans...especially on a great cake!jett2whit in Union City loved it
This is great Peeta!
Do you think I could replace the pecans with wallnuts? We don't find pecans here easily...
5*gourmetana in London loved it
To heck with going with the cake. I am eating these just as they are. Oh Yeah!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!