Roasted Pork Loin With Rich Caper SauceFrom junecleaver 5 years ago
- 1 2lb-3lb. pork loin roast shopping list
- 2 TBS. garlic (finely chopped) I use garlic in jar. shopping list
- 3 TBS. finely chopped rosemary shopping list
- Plenty of salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 10 oz. can Cambell's beef broth shopping list
- 8oz. balsamic vinegar -I fill the empty beef broth can just shy of full. shopping list
- 2 TBS. butter shopping list
- 3-5 TBS capers shopping list
How to make it
- I start this recipe in the morning by placing the pork on a large piece of saran wrap. I then smother the pork with the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper making sure it is fully coated. Drizzle olive oil and then wrap tight with the saran wrap and place in frig all day.
- Before dinner bring pork out and let it return to room temp.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large oven safe skillet sear pork loin on meduim high heat until evenly brown on all sides on top of stove. Carefully maneuvering pork roast over to brown. Transfer to oven in the skillet. Roast in oven until thermometer reaches 140 degress. (about 30 to 40 min.) The temp. will raise as it sits to 150 or 160 degrees. Remove pork from pan carefully trying not to lose all the goodies on the pork. (This is when you need to remember the handle to the skillet is blazing hot) Set pork on serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm and let juices rest.
- Set skillet back on meduim high heat and add beef broth and balsamic vinegar. Simmer and reduce scraping up any bits of garlic until reduced to 3/4 cup or rich in color.
- Reduce heat to very low and wisk in butter 1 TBS. at a time. Stir in capers.
- Uncover Pork Roast and slice on serving platter. Serve Sauce over Pork or serve on the side.
- Mash potatoes are a must with this dish.