Campfire Meatballs N Spaghetti SauceFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to preference shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick shopping list
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce shopping list
- OR shopping list
- Better yet, make the Elaine's homemade spaghetti sauce ahead of time, and take it with you! (recipe is online) shopping list
- Shredded mozzarella or grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Prepared garlic bread or garlic bread sticks, warmed shopping list
- OR shopping list
- make your own ahead and take it with you! shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, water, garlic salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 16 meatballs.
- Tear of four 18 x 12-inch long sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place equal amounts of meatballs and zucchini in center of each; top each with 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Bring shorter edges of foil together over the center; fold down loosely to seal, allowing room for heat expansion and circulation.
- Fold in open ends to seal.
- Place packets on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill 20 to 25 minutes or until meatball centers are no longer pink and zucchini is tender, turning packets once.
- To serve, carefully unfold ends and tops of packets; sprinkle cheese over meatballs.
- Serve with garlic bread.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating44 people
Wow sounds great. I'm sure my son will want to try this on the next Boy Scout campout. All the other patrols are going to be soooo jealous. 5 forks for sure. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
Great Idea :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!