Cajun Slow Cooker Chicken and SausageFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed red pepper shopping list
- 3/4 pound lean turkey sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 4 McCormick® bay leaves shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 2 cups instant white rice shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix paprika, thyme, garlic powder and red pepper in small bowl. Place sausage, onions, bell peppers, celery, tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture in slow cooker. Stir to blend well. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Cover.
- 2. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Gently stir in rice. Cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes on HIGH or until rice is tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.