Spicy polenta-stuffed poblano peppersFrom michiganlocaleater 6 years ago
- 4 whole poblano peppers, seeds removed shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock or water shopping list
- 2 cups cornmeal or quick/instant polenta shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper or serrano pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp. epazote shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the tops of the poblanos and remove seeds. cut a line down the center of each pepper so you can stuff more delicious filling inside
- Bring water or chicken stock to a boil. (I haven't used the instant polenta before so I don't really know how that one works). Using a whisk, slowly pour and stir the cornmeal into the liquid until it's all absorbed. I like my polenta to be more gooey than bread-like so you can add water depending on what you want the consistency to be.
- Stir in diced tomato, hot pepper pieces, salt and herbs, and 1 cup of the cheese. Mix until everything's distributed evenly.
- Stuff those peppers! Mound the extra stuffing on top of the peppers.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of it all.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese and everything looks nice and done.