macaroni and cheese with brie and crabFrom crossfire 8 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 lb. dried medium shell pasta shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 lb. brie cheese, trimmed and chopped (reserve 8 small wedges for topping, if desired) shopping list
- 2 6- to 6.5-oz. cans lump crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed shopping list
- 3 slices firm white bread, torn into large pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat eight 14-to 16-ounce individual baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside. In large skillet cook onion in butter over medium-low heat about 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook pasta in 4-quart Dutch oven according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper to onion in skillet; stir until combined, about 1 minute. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Gradually add chopped cheese; cook over medium-low heat until cheese melts. Stir into pasta. Fold in crab. Transfer to baking dishes.
- Place bread pieces in food processor; cover and process to coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over pasta mixture. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. If desired, add a wedge of Brie to each dish the last 5 minutes of baking time. Makes 8 servings.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!