Clear Vegetable SoupFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- 2 oz butter or chicken fat shopping list
- 3/4 lb onion, small dice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste preference shopping list
- 6 oz frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 6 oz turnip small dice shopping list
- 1/2 lb celery, small dice shopping list
- 3 qt chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 lb carrots small dice shopping list
- 1/2 lb Drained canned tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, and turnip.
- Sweat the vegetables in the butter over low heat until they are about half cooked.
- Do not let them brown.
- Transfer to soup pot.
- Add the stock.
- Bring to a boil and skin carefully.
- Simmer until vegetables are just barely tender.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Degrease the soup and season with salt and white pepper.
- Just before serving, add the peas.