Fast Good Tasting Healthy SmoothieFrom thegoldminer 9 years ago
How to make it
- First put 1/2 -3/4 cup (I like frozen) blue berries in container.
- Then pour 3/4 cup soy milk or low fat milk. Get the lowest sugar count when using soy and best to use “Natural” flavor.
- Add about 8-9 heaping tablespoons Low-Fat plain yogurt. So far it has the lowest sugar count.
- I buy a bag of frozen peach slices and add 2-3 slices.
- Add 1 teaspoon of protein power.
- What makes this drink taste good is adding 1-2 packs of Sweet-N-Low (the pink stuff). To me, without the Sweet-N-Low it doesn’t taste good. With the packets, it’s like I can’t drink it fast enough.
- Putting the berries in first, keeps the yogurt from sticking in the bottom.
- Then the peaches, yogurt, soy milk, protein powder, Sweet-n-Low.
- If you are using the Magic bullet and the mixing jar with the handle, I give it a little shake, then mix the ingredients.
- If you use frozen blue berries it makes the drink colder.
- If it appears too thick adjust for your container adding more soy or milk.
- If using a bigger mixer add more fruits, or change the ones I listed, it doesn’t matter.
- I use blue berries for the antioxidants and it tastes good.
- You want to see the mix thin enough so it is swirling at the top of the container as it mixes.
- Remove and drink. It’s dang good.
- Pics will be available 6-15-07
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating8 people
I love smoothies and especially healthy ones. I need to love them to help offset the fried chicken.
Great post!! Happy cookin'cadavis in Asheboro loved it
wow gotta love this one JJ. thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great recipe.cookingandbakingqueen in Beatrice loved it