Peanut ButterChocolate Caramel Apples with Honey PeanutsFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- For the apples: shopping list
- ----------------- shopping list
- 8 large Braeburn apples, at room temperature shopping list
- Peanut Butter–Chocolate Ganache, at room temperature shopping list
- 8 chopsticks or craft sticks shopping list
- -------------- shopping list
- For the coating: shopping list
- ------------- shopping list
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- up to 1 day in advance. shopping list
How to make it
- For the apples:
- Wash the apples under hot water to remove any wax coating, and dry thoroughly.
- Starting on the bottom, core the apples with the smaller scoop of a melon baller.
- Reserve the bottom “plugs” of the apples.
- Continue coring up to the top inch of the apples (you just want all the seeds removed).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Stuff the apples with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the ganache, then close with the reserved apple plugs to seal.
- Push the sticks through the stem ends of the apples, and set the apples on the baking sheet.
- For the coating:
- Place peanuts in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until mixture registers 250°F on a candy thermometer, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately dip the bottom of the saucepan in the ice water bath and let it chill until the bubbles have subsided, about 1 minute.
- Stir until stiff caramel from the bottom is incorporated into the warm caramel on top.
- Remove from the water bath.
- Dip the stuffed apples one at a time into the caramel, rotating once to coat 3/4 of the way up the sides.
- Lift each apple straight up from the caramel, letting the excess drip back into the pot until the drips have slowed, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Roll the apple in the peanuts, and hold upright for 10 to 15 seconds. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining apples. (If the caramel gets too hard to coat the apples well, set the pan over low heat and rewarm, stirring constantly, until the caramel is loose and pourable.)
- Refrigerate the apples until set, at least 10 minutes. The apples can be made and stored in the refrigerator
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating14 people
Yeah..yummy yum..!! :() 55555 FFF group n thanks
my friend!lanacountry in Macon loved it
I love gooey..can't wait to try these thanks for sharing, you got my 5 ..have a wonderful night
malakmlk_ in Brooklyn loved it
I could have one right now! Great posting!elgab89 in Toronto loved it