Bacon And Tomato PastaFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon cut into 1" lengths shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 2 cups peeled seeded and chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 4 quarts water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound dried rigatoni pasta shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bacon in a saute pan or skillet over medium low heat and cook until done but not crisp.
- Add the onion and cook stirring frequently until onion is soft and lightly golden.
- Combine the tomatoes and 1/2 cup the chopped basil in a food processor or blender and coarsely puree.
- Transfer to the bacon and onion mixture.
- Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot bring the water to a rapid boil.
- Stir in the salt and drop in the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Meanwhile drizzle the heavy cream into the simmering sauce then add remaining chopped basil. Heat through then toss with the drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Huge hit...thank you...astoutyeoman in Royersford loved it
I'll have some feedback for you after dinner. ;-)eleven in Fort Payne loved it
Oh Lord, that should be illegal! I can barely wiggle I'm so full of delicious. ;-) I threw in a few mushrooms too that needed cooking. mmmmmmmmm!!eleven in Fort Payne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!