French Apple Bread PuddingFrom peggy_cookingfool 5 years ago
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk shopping list
- 3 medium apples; pared, cored and chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups hot water shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (not margarine), melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups (approx. 8 slices) of raisin bread shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl beat eggs; add condensed milk, apples, water, butter, cinnamon and vanilla; mixing well. Stir in bread, soaking bread completely. It is even better if you can let it sit for 30 minutes to allow bread to absorb the custard.
- Meanwhile, butter or spray a shallow baking dish. Pour pudding into prepared baking dish. Place this baking dish into a larger baking pan. Place in oven and fill outer pan with 1" of boiling water. Be very careful not to get any water into the pudding. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm with a splash of heavy cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers. May be warmed in the microwave before serving again.
The Cookpeggy_cookingfool White Swan, WA
The Rating2 people
Wonderful recipe for bread pudding! I am going to use half condensed milk and half evaporated milk simply because I'm attempting to watch my calories ;) I love this recipe and I can't wait to try it. High "5"lor in Toronto loved it