Sweet Potato Pound CakeFrom m11andrade 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 c. butter shopping list
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. mashed cooked sweet potatoes shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 c. flour shopping list
- 1/4 t. soda shopping list
- 1/2 t. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 1 c. chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 c. flaked coconut shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 1 (1 lb.) box confectioner's sugar shopping list
- grated rind of one orange shopping list
- grated rind of one lemon shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- juice of one orange shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar; add sweet potatoes and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each.
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture; add
- vanilla, nuts and coconut.
- Pour the mixture into greased 10 inch tube pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake tests done. Spread with icing while warm.
- For the icing, combine all of the icing ingredients, slowly adding enough orange juice to make spreading consistency.
The Cookm11andrade Kankakee, IL
The Rating5 people
love the cake and icing too gonna try it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I bet this is a wonderful cake! You have my 5!!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
oh yummy - can't wait to try this!jett2whit in Union City loved it