Bread Pudding with Whiskey SauceFrom emcrorie 8 years ago
- Pudding: shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 4 cups coarse bread shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 8 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup whiskey shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, tear bread into small chunks. For best results use stale bread.
- In a saucepan, scald milk and pour over bread.
- Cool and add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a 11/2 quart casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Place dish in a pan of hot water (1 inch deep) and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until a table knife inserted into pudding comes out clean.
- Cook margarine and sugar together in a double boiler until mixture is hot and thick and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add egg and beat.
- Cool slightly and add whiskey.
- Serve over pudding.