Markys Cabbage And Sausage SoupFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 2 cans beef stock (low sodium) shopping list
- 2 bags of preshredded Cole Slaw (rinsed and cleaned) shopping list
- 2 white onions, chopped shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped.. shopping list
- 2 Valasic mild pepperoncinis peppers, chopped. shopping list
- 1 Cup celery, chopped. shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced and diced shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 Cups water shopping list
- 2 dashes of red hot sauce (More if you like !) shopping list
- 1 Tbs white vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tsp marjoram shopping list
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, with spices (not drained) shopping list
- 6 small new white potatoes, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 16 Oz Lite smoked sausage, sliced. (I like Hillshire Farms) shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- P.S You can add kale too , great addition.........Also a Can of pinto beans, drained for extra fiber..Diced jalapeno or chiles..For heat! shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, add onions and olive oil. Cook till soft and slightly brown. Add beef broth, cabbage, peppers, carrots, celery and water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Add garlic, brown sugar, hot sauce, vinegar, marjoram and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add undrained can of tomatoes, chopped potatoes, sausage and pepper.
- Stir and add additional beef broth as needed. Simmer additional 30 minutes.........Enjoy
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating8 people
Yum, this is smoky good! I love cabbage and this is a very nice soup.juels in Clayton loved it
ummm ummm good.. :) 55555 FFF group!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Fabulous, dahling! High 5 for you! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!