FRESH PUMPKIN PIEFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or more or less to taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pumpkin shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups hot milk shopping list
- Your favorite pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare fresh pumpkin:
- Wash pumpkin.
- Cut pumpkin into small pieces.
- Remove all seeds, pulp and skin.
- Place in large saucepan and cook with enough water to cover pumpkin.
- Cook until pumpkin is very soft.
- Check occasionally to see that there is enough water (you can always add more).
- Stir frequently.
- Cover to help it cook faster.
- Pour into colander and drain excess water.
- Let stand 1 1/2 hours.
- When completely drained, mash well and place into containers.
- You can pack 1 1/2 cups for pie recipe in containers and freeze.
- The pumpkin will keep frozen very nicely for about 9 months with no change in taste .
- *TO MAKE PIE:
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In large bowl, blend sugar, spices and salt.
- Combine with fresh pumpkin.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add hot milk and genlty mix.
- Pour into your favorite pie crust.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake filling about 25 minutes.
- Filling is set when knife placed in center of pie comes out clean. Makes a very large pumpkin pie.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!