Cajun Smothered Squirrel or rabbitFrom petunia97 6 years ago
- 6-8 cleaned squirrels or 2-3 cleaned rabbits, cut into pieces shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or to suit your own taste shopping list
- flour to coat pieces of meat shopping list
- salt, pepper, and creole seasoning (I use LeBlanc's) shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- cooking oil to coat bottom of heavy, oven proof skillet(preferably cast iron) shopping list
How to make it
- Season meat with seasonings
- Dredge in flour to coat
- Brown in batches and remove
- Add chopped onions and bell peppers
- Saute until soft, add garlic
- Add meat back to pot, along with the water
- Add a little more seasoning
- Put lid on and bake for 2 1/2 hours on 350 degrees.
- YOu can also cook this on top of the stove on a low fire for a few hours, until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice and ENJOY!
The Cookpetunia97 Gonzales, LA
The Rating5 people
Yum!!!!!! High FIVE to you!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Now this sounds more like the way my Momma cooked squirrel.itsjustjuwah in Jena loved it
LOVE SQUIRRELS...!! YUMM.....betty_boop in Pine Prairie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!