Coconut BiscottiFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup coconut flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg until well mixed.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut flakes, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mixing well.
- Heavily flour a board, and turn out biscotti dough, kneading 7-8 times.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 15x3 rectangle; patting down to 1 inch high.
- Set dough onto cookie sheet [protect with parchment paper].
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Slice biscotti into 1/2 inch logs.
- Place on one side and bake an additional 20 minutes, turning each log over half way through.
- Cool completely.
- For presentation, dip into vanilla glaze, then into extra coconut flakes.
- For Almond Joy Biscotti-
- Add 2 Tblsp. finely ground almonds with the coconut.
- Dip cooled biscotti into melted chocolate with a touch of almond extract or amaretto, then into coconut flakes
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
love coconutherby in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Italian Group93 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members
Going Coconuts71 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members