Oven Roasted VegetablesFrom thenewagecook 5 years ago
- 2 fresh carrots (peeled and cut into bite size pieces) shopping list
- 1 large potato (peeled and cut into bite size pieces) shopping list
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and cut into bite size pieces) shopping list
- 1 medium yellow, white or red onion (peeled, cut into 1" chunks) shopping list
- 1 yellow squash (ends trimmed and cut lengthwise into bite size pieces) shopping list
- 1 zucchini (ends trimmed and cut lengthwise into bite size pieces) shopping list
- vinaigrette Ingredients: (amounts can be according to taste) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of olive oil shopping list
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or paste) shopping list
- 1 Tblsp of herbes de provence shopping list
- 1 Tblsp of brown sugar shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- NOTE: shopping list
- Any combination of vegetables which require more or less the same cooking time will shopping list
- work. shopping list
- You could also use parsnips, rutabaga, cabbage, asparagus, bell peppers, mushrooms, green beans, eggplant, thinly sliced celery or peeled turnips. shopping list
- seasonings as Greek, Mexican, Cajun, Pesto or any favorite one can be used as well along with olive oil. shopping list
How to make it
- (Preheat oven to 375°F.) for 30-60 minutes OR
- (Preheat oven to 400°F.) for 20-30 minutes.
- In a glass bowl, mix together the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in together the vegetables and toss the oil mixture into the prepared vegetables and mix them well.
- Lightly spray a roasting pan and toss in the vegetables.
- Bake until vegetables are cooked, stir veggies occasionally for even-cooking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional balsamic vinegar
- NOTE- Don’t worry about overcooking, it only improves the flavor.
The Cookthenewagecook Miami, FL
The Rating4 people
MM....comfort food and healthy, too!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
What a great way to eat veggies - thanks - your new friend - carol lee(leebear)leebear in Brookpark loved it
I CAME BACK TO CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE AGAIN - I SENT A COPY TO MY FRIEND PATTY,TOO!
I HAVE SO MANY VEGGIES - I CAN'T WAIT TO ROAST THE HECK OUT OF THEM - OF COURSE IN A GOOD WAY!
THANKS AGAIN,SWEETIE! CAROLleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!