Eggplant Stroganoff - Meatless Comfort FoodFrom crainny 6 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 2-3 large onions, preferably the sweet kind - Vidalia, yellow, etc... shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream - you can use light version too shopping list
- 3-4 tbs flour shopping list
- salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Start by slicing eggplant fairly thick - about .5 inch.
- Quarter each slice, sprinkle with some salt and put on a board under press - to drain some juices.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with salt and pepper and heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Rinse the eggplant slices and pat dry.
- Drench each slice in flour mix and fry on both sides until flour is well browned and somewhat crisp. Set aside
- Slice or half-slice onions and saute in oil until caramelized - about 5-7 min. Toss the eggplants back in the skillet - all at once and mix with onions.
- Add 1/2 cup water and sour cream. Gently stir, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and saute everything together for about 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add fresh ground black pepper at the last moment.
- Toss in parsley and serve hot.
The Cookcrainny Prattville, AL
The Rating4 people
My mouth is watering. Your recipe is on my must do list. Well done and thank you.unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
Oh my, yes! I especially like that there are no tamatoes involved. It's not often that you see eggplant without tomato at its side. 5 to you, crainny.lacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!