Eggplant Stroganoff - Meatless Comfort FoodFrom crainny 6 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 2-3 large onions, preferably the sweet kind - Vidalia, yellow, etc... shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream - you can use light version too shopping list
- 3-4 tbs flour shopping list
- salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Start by slicing eggplant fairly thick - about .5 inch.
- Quarter each slice, sprinkle with some salt and put on a board under press - to drain some juices.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with salt and pepper and heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Rinse the eggplant slices and pat dry.
- Drench each slice in flour mix and fry on both sides until flour is well browned and somewhat crisp. Set aside
- Slice or half-slice onions and saute in oil until caramelized - about 5-7 min. Toss the eggplants back in the skillet - all at once and mix with onions.
- Add 1/2 cup water and sour cream. Gently stir, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and saute everything together for about 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add fresh ground black pepper at the last moment.
- Toss in parsley and serve hot.
The Cookcrainny Prattville, AL
The Rating4 people
Oh my, yes! I especially like that there are no tamatoes involved. It's not often that you see eggplant without tomato at its side. 5 to you, crainny.lacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
My mouth is watering. Your recipe is on my must do list. Well done and thank you.unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!