Pastry Puff Cornucopia Filled With Pumpkin MousseFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® puff pastry sheets (1 sheet) shopping list
- 6 sugar ice cream cones shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 2 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix shopping list
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup prepared caramel sauce, warmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- THAW TIME 40 MINUTES
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle.
- Heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wrap each cone tightly in aluminum foil, covering completely and tucking any excess foil into the cone cavity.
- Spray the foil cones with the cooking spray.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the pastry sheet along the fold marks to form 3 rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 4 strips, making 12 strips in all.
- Press the ends of 2 pastry strips together.
- Starting at the pointed end, wind the pastry strip around 1 cone, slightly overlapping edges of pastry (strip will not reach the bottom of the cone).
- Spray the pastry cone with the cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Place the pastry cone seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips, cones and sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Remove the pastries from the oven.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Carefully remove the cones from the baked pastry.
- Beat the milk, pudding mix, pumpkin and cinnamon in a medium bowl with a whisk until the mixture is thickened.
- Beat the cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the pastry cones.
- Stir the caramel sauce and pecans in a small bowl. Place the pastries onto serving plates and drizzle withh the caramel mixture.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating10 people
This sounds absolutely havenly! I bet they look preatty, too!juels in Clayton loved it
LOVELY recipe, Jm!! 55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
I love pumpkin treats! 5***** Thanks!
I just have a little problem.. I have to make the pumpkin puree from scratch since we don't find canned pumpkin here. I don't really care, it is always worth it :)gourmetana in London loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!