Baked Mac And Three CheesesFrom m11andrade 7 years ago
- 1 T. salt (plus more for boiling pasta) shopping list
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni shopping list
- 6 T. butter shopping list
- 6 T. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 c. milk shopping list
- 1 c. heavy cream shopping list
- 1 T. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 4 oz. romano cheese, shredded shopping list
- 4 oz. asiago cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 c. bread crumbs (or panko bread crumbs) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with salted water, bring to boil; add macaroni and cook about 8 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Sprinkle flour over butter and cook 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat, whisking constantly. Add cold milk and whisk vigorously until dissolved. Cook sauce on medium-low heat until thick and bubbly. Add cream, all the cheeses, 1 tablespoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon pepper. Cook until cheeses are completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked macaroni to cheese mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place macaroni mixture in a 13 by 9-inch baking dish; top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- lanabade Goshen, NJ
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- nancylou499 Fort Mill, SC
- sheilainalaska Fairbanks, AK
- angelinaw St Louis, MO
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookm11andrade Kankakee, IL
The Rating6 people
wow what a great chessy recipe love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I just can't resist this mac and cheese recipe...High 5!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
YUMmmmmy!Sounds tasty and looks easy - the best of both worlds. High five!angelinaw in St Louis loved it