Southern Pork ChopsFrom sunny 8 years ago
How to make it
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Salt and pepper chops to taste then dredge them in bisquick (flour). Brown the chops on one side for 2-3 minutes. Add another tablespoon of butter and brown chops on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups apple juice to skillet with the chops – careful it will spit and sputter – then layer the chopped yams over the top of this. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Simmer 20 minutes, checking occasionally to see that you do not have to add more apple juice.
- Remove the lid and carefully mix the yams so the ones on top get into the liquid. Continue to simmer uncovered checking the yams till they are soft all the way through – 5-10 minutes.
- Place one pork chop each on 4 plates along with the evenly divided yams, set this aside and keep warm. Raise heat on the skillet to high. If there is not enough liquid, again you can add more apple juice. When the liquid begins to boil, thicken to taste with the cornstarch.
- Spoon thickened sauce immediately over the 4 chops and serve.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating11 people
Delicious! ^5! :)noir in Boston loved it
This is my first time cooking pork. By chance I had pork chops given to me by a friend. Family loves it!winterborne in Oliver Springs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!