Poached Chicken With Tomato And Mushroom SauceFrom littlesponger 7 years ago
- 4 chicken skinless breasts shopping list
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic. shopping list
- 2 whole tomatoes-steam peeled (14.5 oz can), chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato paste (6oz.) shopping list
- 1 sliced buttons mushrooms (7 oz can) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- Pinch of black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 4 oz. pasta, twists shopping list
- 3 qt. boiling water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- parmesan cheese, grated to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Place onion, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms in a saucepan over moderate heat. Stir until they be to soften.
- Add basil, water, oregano and pepper. Heat a little and add the chicken.
- Cover & simmer slowly for 25 minutes until chicken is tender. *DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- In another saucepan cook pasta twists in boiling water for 16-18 minutes. Drain and stir the olive oil through.
- When chicken is cooked remove to a plate. If sauce is too thin, turn up heat and boil until it reduces and thickens. ( add tomato paste a little by little bit to control thickening.
- Pour over chicken and serve with pasta twists.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating5 people
Yum. This sounds fabulous. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
great tasty recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thanks so much for sending me this great recipe. I can't wait to try it. High 5 from mebrianna in loved it