Thanksgiving Turkey CupcakesFrom chacha 4 years ago
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix shopping list
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box shopping list
- 2 containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy milk chocolate frosting shopping list
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) Betty Crocker® white decorating icing shopping list
- 1 tube (0.68 oz) Betty Crocker® brown decorating gel shopping list
- candy corn shopping list
- chocolate candy sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 min
- Makes: 24 cupcakes
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Prepare and cool cake as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting.
- Place remaining frosting in corner of resealable freezer plastic bag.
- Snip off small corner of bag.
- To decorate each cupcake, pipe 1-inch mound of frosting on 1 side of cupcake to look like head of turkey. Make eyes with white decorating icing and brown decorating gel; add candy corn for beak. To make feathers, pipe frosting on opposite side to hold candy corn; place candy corn upright on frosting to look like feathers. Sprinkle chocolate candy sprinkles near head and at base of feathers. If desired, add candy corn at base of cupcake for feet. Store loosely covered.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on cake mix box.
- Make the Most of This Recipe
- How To:
- If you have only one 12-cup muffin pan, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Then bake the rest of the batter in the cooled muffin pan, adding 1 or 2 minutes to the bake time.
- Easily fill a bag with frosting by placing the bag into a mug and turning the top down over the sides. Fill with frosting, then twist to close the top of the bag, squeezing to one corner before snipping off a tip.
- Bake cupcakes ahead. Tightly cover unfrosted cupcakes and freeze up to 2 months.
- Nutrition Information:
- 1 Cupcake: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 2 1/2g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 32g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
- *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- © 2008 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating4 people
These are just so darn cute and I know the children in our family will love them. High 5.peepers in loved it
So cute! Great idea and high 5.juels in Clayton loved it
How delightful! I bet all the kids will be having fun with these!elgab89 in Toronto loved it