Pork Chops With Caramelized Onions And PeppersFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bourbon preferably Kentucky (optional) shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided shopping list
- 6 (1 1/4-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions, and sauté 15 minutes or until golden and tender. Add bourbon, if desired, and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until onions caramelize or begin to turn golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in red peppers, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove mixture from skillet, and set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with remaining salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Add chicken broth to skillet, and cook over high heat 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Spoon onion mixture and remaining pan juices over meat.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating4 people
Sounds delicious, and FIVE to you :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
tasty porkchop thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I made this last night and we loved them!! This is a fantastic recipe, will make again! I didn't have KY Bourbon, but, I keep TN Whiskey (black label Jack Daniels) in the cabinet for bbq sauce and stuff, and used that. I baked them covered with f...moresparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!