Asparagus CasseroleFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- --- ---- --- shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut crosswise in 1 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups) and cooked shopping list
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup medium cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter; blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk all at once; cook, stirring constantly, till mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Arrange half the cooked asparagus and all the egg slices in bottom of 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Add half the white sauce.
- Top with remaining asparagus and sauce.
- Toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle atop sauce.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for 30 to 35 minutes, or till heated through.
- Serves 6
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating6 people
This is really good! Love the egg slices ans white sauce..Thanks-Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Delicious recipe! Will try it!leonora5 in Kleinemonde loved it
another great tasty dish thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it