Praline-Iced BrowniesFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- cup(s) (2 sticks) margarine or butter shopping list
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 2 1/4 cup(s) sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- Praline Topping shopping list
- 5 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup(s) packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoon(s) bourbon, or, in place of bourbon, substitute 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons water, per recipe shopping list
- 2 cup(s) confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13- by 9-inch metal baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- In heavy 3-quart saucepan over low heat, melt margarine or butter and chocolates, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat. With wire whisk, beat in sugar, then eggs, until well blended. Stir in vanilla, salt, then flour just until blended. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35 minutes (toothpick inserted in brownies will not come out clean). Cool brownies in pan on wire rack. If not using brownies within 1 day, cover cooled brownies with foil and refrigerate or freeze for longer storage.
- Prepare Praline Topping: In 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, heat margarine or butter and brown sugar, until mixture melts and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. With wire whisk, beat in bourbon (or substitute), then confectioners' sugar, until mixture is smooth.
- With metal spatula, spread topping over room-temperature brownies; sprinkle with pecans. Cut brownies lengthwise into 8 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 pieces.