Churrasco Cubano Cuban Skirt SteakFrom andit 7 years ago
- 3 lbs skirt steak shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 30 garlic gloves (minced) shopping list
- 1 cup large onion (minced) shopping list
- 2 tspn oregano shopping list
- 1 cup sour orange juice shopping list
- 2 tspn salt and black pepper shopping list
- ingredients for chimichurri sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup cilantro (chopped) shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves (minced) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup oregano (chopped) shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Marinade for the steaks- add the sour orange juice, garlic, salt, onion and oregano into a bowl and stir well. Pepper is optional.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan for 3 minutes over medium-high heat, then pour oil into bowl and stir. Let cool for half an hour
- add the steaks into the bowl, covering the steaks with the marinade. Cover and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the mean time, prepare the chimichurri sauce. In a blender, place the vinegar, cilantro, salt, oregano and garlic and pulse until the ingredients are well blended. Pour the sauce into a large bowl, and add the olive oil, whisking it as you add it. You may also need to add lime juice to taste. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- grilled on barbecue - cook until medium to well done. . Serve with chimichurri sauce
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookandit Birmingham, AL
The Rating5 people
This sounds awesome and I love skirtsteak! The only problem is it is hard to find - seems to be a summer thing. Great post - 555!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Made it yesterday for the boys at the fire hall,nice real nice Thanks,will cut back a bit on the salt next time ;)gburtonca in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!