Key Lime Cupcakes With Lime Jello Salad FrostingFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- CUPCAKES shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated key lime zest shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup key lime juice shopping list
- LIME JELLO SALAD frosting shopping list
- 1 regular sized package of lime gelatin dessert powder (not sugar free) shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1-4 tablespoons pineapple juice shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together the butter or margarine and 1 cup sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, and add the key lime zest.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add these dry ingredients to the egg butter mixture, alternating with 3/4 cup key lime juice.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into paper lined cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until the cakes test done with a toothpick.
- This recipe should make about 12-18 cupcakes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- LIME JELLO SALAD FROSTING
- In the bowl of a heavy duty stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high until smooth.
- Scrape from the edges of the bowl with a spatula and turn mixer to one of the lowest settings. slowly add the lime gelatin dessert powder, followed by the powdered sugar.
- The mixture should be dry and crumbly.
- Turn the mixer speed to high, one step at a time, allowing the mixer to remain at each speed for about 30 seconds or so.
- Add the pineapple juice one tablespoon at a time.
- Mixture should come together and fluff up.
- IF the mixture is still dry, add a tablespoon of HOT water.
- IF the mixture is too liquidy, add more powdered sugar.
- Let the mixture rest for about 5 minutes before spreading on the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and top with a lime section or a marachino cherry.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Wonderful recipe!! High five, and thanks for sharing it! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
WOW!WHAT A GREAT AND DIFFERENT RECIPE - THANK YOU SO MUCH - LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it
This is really unique! Thanks for sharing, sparow.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it