Mediterranean Pumpkin SoupFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 4 cups pumpkin shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup leeks, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- freshly ground nutmeg, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream or plain yogurt (NOT fat free!) shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- cilantro or parsley for Garnish shopping list
How to make it
- You can use squash such as a butternut or acorn in this recipe if you don't have pumpkin.
- Cut fresh pumpkin up into chunks.
- On the stovetop, heat a pan to medium heat
- put 1-2 tbsp cooking oil into the pan
- add the pumpkin/squash chunks also add any onion or leeks at this time and allow to sweat for 20 - 30 minutes or until fork- tender
- let it all caramelize together, then mash or puree...
- In a pot, cook the onion and garlic with a little olive oil.
- When softened and beginning to caramelize, add the pumpkin and the stock.
- Stir and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, a blender or a food processor, puree the soup until it's smooth and creamy.
- Taste and season, adjust the seasoning by , adding more
- freshly ground nutmeg, ginger and/or cumin if desired.
- Stir in the cream/yogurt and let it gently come back to hot serving temperature.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating55 people
This sounds wonderful!waterlily in Joplin loved it
ok..i see your on a soup kick today
5 pts when you turn the page, tart is next
lol lolfrodo in meadville loved it
i'm lovin all the pumpkins soup this one is no exception yummy
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!