Gluten Free Double - Pumpkin PieFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped almonds shopping list
- 2/3 cup toasted, unshelled sunflower seeds shopping list
- 2/3 cup toasted, in-shell pumpkin seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch shopping list
- 2 tbsp cold water shopping list
- 5 oz lite silken tofu (Mori-Nu is GF) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pureed pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 6 fl oz evaporated skim milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease the sides of a 9" springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Place pan onto a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sugar. Process to a fine mealy crumb.
- Stream in the melted butter, pulsing to combine.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, set aside to cool while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix tapioca starch and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- In the clean bowl of a food processor, puree tofu with the tapioca slurry until completely smooth.
- Add pumpkin, apple butter, brown sugar, spice and evaporated milk, pureeing completely.
- Pour into the cooled base.
- Bake 20 minutes, then cover the springform pan with foil and return to the oven for a further 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan, then chill in the refrigerator before unmoulding and serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Jo Jo nice addition to the gluten free pie crust options... thanks you for a great post... five forks for you..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
You just woke up my taste buds! This will not be kept for just the holidays! The crust can be used for endless pies - what a great post - High 5!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!