The Most Awesome Cream Of Pumpkin SoupFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 3 cans solid pumpkin(Libby's) not pumpkin pie filling! shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons or to taste creole spice shopping list
- 1 large (48 oz) can Swanson's chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (32 oz.) carton Swanson's chicken broth shopping list
- 1 quart half and half shopping list
- 1/2 bag of Nabisco's ginger snap cookies9more or less to taste) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- dash of onion powder shopping list
How to make it
- In large soup pot, cook onions, bell pepper, garlic, celery, and bacon in butter until veggies are tender(about 4 to 5 minutes)
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in spices, brown sugar, and pumpkin.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add half and half and continue to cook over medium/low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Working in small batches, Transfer a few cups of the soup to a smaller pot.
- Bring the smaller batch to a boil.
- Add 3 or 4 gingersnaps and whisk till dissolved into soup.
- pour this batch into a blender and puree until smooth(about 1 minute)
- Pour into a container or other soup pot until all batches are complete.
- Repeat and Continue working in small batches until done.
- Transfer back into soup pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with croutons or additional crumbled cooked bacon.
- This is a thick soup if you do not want it so thick use less ginger snaps! Enjoy!
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating5 people
Are you a member of the Monthly Contest Group this would have been a great contender.
Anyway got off tract love this recipe fiver from me.trigger in loved it
so new to me, can't thank you enough! Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Sounds great~mamalou in Attleboro loved it