Slow Cooker Cola Barbeque Pulled Beef Or PorkFrom fizzle3nat 4 years ago
- 3 lb. beef or pork roast shopping list
- 1 can Coca cola (classic) or Dr. pepper (for a tangy twist) NOT DIET! shopping list
- 1 - 16 oz. bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce (I like KC Masterpiece Original, or if we want it sweet, Longhorn Barbeque sauce - I think it's only available here in Washington or on their website, www.longhornbarbeque.com) shopping list
- Or, if you have time and want to be 'fancy' try my homemade Barbeque Sauce on my page. shopping list
- Soft split buns or rolls, for serving shopping list
- Cole slaw, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat off roast and place in appropriate sized slow cooker. Pour cola over the roast. Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours or until meat falls apart easily.
- Remove roast from cooker and shred. In a colander set over a large bowl, drain juices from slow cooker and reserve.
- Return meat to slow cooker and stir in barbeque sauce. Thin with some of the reserved juices (don't throw them out yet!). Cook for another 1/2 to 1 hour on low or until heated through. Thin with additional juices, if necessary. I like to have the sauce just slightly thin, so some of the sauce soaks into the buns, but not so thin that they get soggy.
- To serve, place a good amount of the meat mixture onto the bottom half of a bun. Top with a spoonful of coleslaw and top with the other bun half. If you've got picky eaters, just serve the slaw on the side. Serve with your favorite sides, like baked beans, tater salad, french fries, or mac & cheese. Delicious!
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating14 people
i just love this very nice indeed thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love the Coca Cola in this. Sounds easy and delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
Very easy indeed. and the slaw is right on!!
5 ptsfrodo in meadville loved it