Chocolate Brazil Soft Bake CookiesFrom torchy 6 years ago
- 75g unsalted butter shopping list
- 60g caster sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 175g wholemeal self-raising flour shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 75g Green & Black's Dark 70% chocolate, roughly chopped shopping list
- 75g Green & Black's milk chocolate, roughly chopped shopping list
- 50g brazil nuts, chopped shopping list
- A pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Grease a baking sheet with melted butter.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Sift the flour once, returning the bran to the sifted flour, then fold it into the mixture.
- Beat well, adding the vanilla extract and sufficient milk to make a pliable dough. Mix it with your hands, adding the milk in stages until the dough is fairly soft, but not sticky.
- Add the chopped chocolate, nuts and salt and distribute evenly through the dough.
- Roll out on to a lightly floured board to a thickness of about 0.5cm/0.25in.
- Stamp into rounds using a 6.5cm/2.6in biscuit cutter and place the biscuits, spaced well apart, on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don't overcook.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The Cooktorchy Sydney, AU
The Rating5 people
Sounds heavely i like the soft cookies........ never heard of green and blacks i will have to google them to see .there are so many chocolate companies ...........great job love it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Chocolate is a must eat item in any form!! High 5!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Great recipe! Added to the cookie Swap-A-Rama group....come join us!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!