Butterscotch Pecan Perfection PieFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell* shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups (11 ounce package.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels - divided use shopping list
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- MELT 1 1/3 cups morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute;
- STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- ADD corn syrup, eggs, flour and salt to melted morsels.
- Beat on medium until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Pour pecan mixture into pie shell.
- BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out with little bits of filling attached. If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving time.
- TO GARNISH AND SERVE:
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- PLACE remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead.
- Microwave at 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from bag. Drizzle 10 circular designs about 2 inches high and wide onto prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until firm.
- PLACE 10 dollops of whipped cream around edge of pie.
- Remove drizzle designs from refrigerator.
- With tip of knife, gently remove designs from wax paper and insert, standing up, into dollops.
- Serve immediately.
- *If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style.
- Do not thaw.
- Bake on baking sheet.
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels can also be melted and made into drizzle designs instead of the Butterscotch Flavored Morsels.
- Two shallow (2-cup volume) pie shells can be substituted for the one deep-dish pie shell.
- Follow directions above and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- frodo Meadville, MS
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- taylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
- gapeach55 Covington, GA
- linspj New Hartford, NY
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- cardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating9 people
That sounds different...I'll bet the combo of butterscotch and pecans is awesome!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Oh, this sounds wonderful, thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
it is perfection..5ptsfrodo in meadville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!