Chicken Adobo-philipino dishFrom kikiman 6 years ago
- So how much of everything do I use? This is the beauty of adobo. Adjust everything to your taste. You can't really go wrong. Some people don't like too much vinegar, so they prefer a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and soy sauce. Other people like the vinegar but prefer to use a milder rice vinegar over standard white. Do whatever you want! (Don't like chicken? pork adobo is great too!) shopping list
- 3lbs chicken thigh shopping list
- 3/4c white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4c soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4ts peppercorns (crushed) shopping list
- 1/4ts salt shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped or crushed) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 of a medium onion (chopped) shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1:
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Step 2:
- Fully chopped:
- Step 3:
- Get out your soy sauce and vinegar.
- Step 4:
- Add the soy sauce and vinegar to our chicken. Go ahead and toss in those onions and garlic, too.
- Step 5:
- Next step is to take your salt, ground peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Step 6:
- Add 1/4ts peppercorns (crushed), 1/4ts salt and 2 bay leaves to the pot.
- Step 7:
- Mix it all up very well.
- Step 8:
- And then cover it. We need to let this marinate for 1-3 hours.
- Step 9:
- Two and a half hours seems fine to me. Let's get this baby cooking. Bring 'er up to a boil, and then let it all simmer for about 40 minutes (or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.)
- Step 10:
- Almost done:
- Step 11:
- Serve in a bowl with some of the sauce. Ideal sidedishes are steamed rice, and veggies (not pictured.)
- That's all there is to making chicken adobo. I hope you all enjoy this simple (but excellent!) Filipino dish.
The Cookkikiman Karachi, PK
The Rating7 people
I like your style.....and your chicken!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Looks and sounds delicious - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
This sounds amazing. I am a huge fan of the Adobo myself use it almost daily. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!