Red Onion Cream Cheese DipFrom annieamie 7 years ago
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or dried parsley) shopping list
- Ritz crackers shopping list
- **If you have a pepper grinder, use freshly ground pepper! It adds so much to the final flavor of the dip. You can add some Tabasco sauce for a spicier flavor. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cream cheese, onions, and pepper until well blended. Shape into 6-inch log; wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- REFRIGERATE 30 min. or until firm. Roll in parsley until evenly coated on all sides.
- SERVE as a spread with the crackers or as a dip.
- * I have to add that I don't add the garlic all the time. I
- This can make a wonderful cheese ball, too!
- Double your recipe, roll into a ball and roll in the pepper and parsley. Serve this in the center of a platter of freshly sliced veggies such as carrots, celery, radishes and olives.
- You can stuff olives with it.
- Drain two cans of large or jumbo black olives, Dry the olives well on paper towels or dish cloths.
- Mix the cheese recipes as shown above. Spoon the cheese into a large ziplock bag, squeezing the cheese down to one corner of the bag. Seal bag, removing extra air. Twist your bag as you would a pastry bag. Snip off the end of the bag where the cheese is and squeeze a small amount of the cheese directly into each olive. Its delicious! A nice presentation is to add these filled olives to a platter of "devil's eggs, where half of the platter holds the eggs and the other half holds the olives.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating5 people
i remember andy griffith saying everything sits on a ritz...5 ptsfrodo in meadville loved it
gotta know this is delicous thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks so beautiful and elegant, love it!juels in Clayton loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
Party Food316 members
Onion Junkies100 members
I Can Because I Can106 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Companys Coming115 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Olive You Very Much52 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Easy And Delicious86 members