Mean Veggie LasagneFrom zoetheunicorn 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup dry red lentils shopping list
- 1 brown onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small stick cellery, sliced shopping list
- 1 zucchini, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 red capsicum/ bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- ********* shopping list
- fresh lasagne sheets shopping list
- 200g pumpkin, thinly sliced shopping list
- 80g spinach, chopped shopping list
- ******** shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 brown onion (not chopped) shopping list
- **350g ricotta - optional, works ok without it too ** shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- ****** shopping list
- grated cheese to sprinkle shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, cover lentils with boiling water to cover and leave to soak 30 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Spray a medium saucepan with oil, cook onion and garlic, then add celery and zucchini. Cook another 3 minutes or so. Add capsicim, keep cooking. ...
- Add lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste, water and oregano. Bring to boil and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- ***MAKE WHITE SAUCE****
- Add cornstarch to medium saucepan. combine with a little milk to form a paste, stir in remaining milk. Add onion.
- Heat milk so it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Remove onion, add nutmeg and whisk in the ricotta if you're using it.
- Preheat oven to 180 celcius.
- Spread a small amount of the white sauce on the bottom of your lasagne dish. Do a layer of pasta sheets.
- Now a layer of the tomato mixture (try to get all the zucchini bits in this bottom layer) , then some white sauce, then another pasta layer.
- Arrange the pumpkin slices over the pasta sheet, then more tomato mixture, then the spinach, then some white sauce.
- Another pasta sheet, then the remaining tomato mixture, and the rest of the white sauce. Top with grated cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or so.
- serve with garden salad.
The Cookzoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!