Chicken Tamale CasseroleFrom peggy_cookingfool 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) preshredded Mexican blend cheese shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 (14 3/4 oz.) can creamed corn shopping list
- 1 (8.5 oz.) box corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy) shopping list
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast shopping list
- sour cream, fresh diced tomatoes, diced avocado for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine 1/4 cup of the cheese and the next 6 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour about 2/3 of the enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken, drizzle remaining sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Return to 400 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 squares and top with sour cream, tomatoes and avocado!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpeggy_cookingfool White Swan, WA
The Rating7 people
Yummy Yumm yum!! 55555 and FFF group
Thanks you!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Sounds really good and easy. I love to make a good casserole during my busy work week. Thanks so much - and a high 5 for you! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Sounds great. I bet it would taste great with ground beef instead of chicken to :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!