Cajun Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom donman 6 years ago
- 6 medium size green bell peppers shopping list
- ½ cup of diced onion shopping list
- ½ cup of diced bell pepper (use bell pepper tops) shopping list
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 can rotel (hot) shopping list
- Grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- ½ cup uncooked long grain rice shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (Recipe can be found with my recipes on my profile page. Or use equivalent ingredients.) shopping list
- 1-8 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- Hot sauce to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off the tops of the peppers, scoop out the seeds and membrane and wash peppers real good.
- Wash and dice pepper tops for later use.
- Fill a large pot with water and some salt.
- Put in the peppers and bring to a boil.
- Boil enough to soften peppers but don't over do it. They should still be a little crisp but not soggy. Set aside when finished.
- Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions and bell pepper until meat is no longer pink. Drain off grease and return to skillet.
- Add the Cajun Seasoning Mix, RoTel, tomato sauce, rice, hot sauce and salt and mix well.
- Heat on med-lo until mixture is warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and pack until peppers are good and fill.
- Cover the tops of the peppers with cheese.
- Place peppers in a covered glass pan and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Put pan into the oven for 20 minutes or just until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand (covered) for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy :)
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating13 people
I can taste this now wow love the hot stuff and peppers awsome flavor thanks buddymomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Great recipe, Don, and thanks! HIGH FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I'm loving this one! I love stuffed peppers, but the cajun twist makes it even better for me! High-5!!meals4abby in Valders loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!