Flourless Zucchini CakeFrom ttaaccoo 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, unpeeled, ends trimmed shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Table. diced candied lemon peel, finely minced shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Butter sides of an 8X8 inch cake pan, line the base with a circle of baking parchment and butter the parchment. Using a nut mill*, grind walnuts to flour and set aside. Using the same nut mill, grind zucchini into fine shreds. There should be 1 cup, firmly packed, or 6 oz. Place in a sieve and press out the liquid. Combine cornstarch, rice flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- *nut mill vs. food processor is explained on the page with the Portuguese Almond and Potato Cake also flourless.
- Beat eggs with sugar until lemon-colored and very thick. A lifted beater should leave a slowly dissolving trail of batter. Using a large rubber spatula, lightly fold in grated walnuts and minced lemon peel, as though making a souffle. Fluff up zucchini shreds and fold in. Sift cornstarch-flour mixture over batter and quickly fold in, retaining as much volume as possible.
- Pour into prepared pan(the batter will be loose) and bake for 40 minutes., until the tester comes out dry. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before unmolding onto a rack. Peel off paper, reverse onto rack right side up, and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!