Coconut - Chocolate Chip -turtle CookiesFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- coconut chocolate chip dough; shopping list
- 3- cups bleached all- purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2-- pound plus 4 tablespoons ( 2 sticks plus 4 tablespoons) unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 1 1/3- cups firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 - cup granulated suagr2- large eggs shopping list
- 2- teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 - cups semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2- cups sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 1- cup chopped pecans shopping list
- ************************************** shopping list
- Topping ……….. shopping list
- Make a double recipe of my turtle topping ………see my recipes ………… shopping list
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips for sprinkling on top….. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line several cookies sheets or rimmed sheet pans with cooking parchment paper
- Mix the dough…….
- Sift the flour , baking soda, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper
- Cream the butter in a large bowl of a freestanding mixer on moderate speed for 3 minutes
- Add the light brown sugar and continue creaming on moderately low speed for 2 minutes longer
- Add the granulated sugar and beat for 2 minutes longer
- Beat in eggs , one at a time, mixing until incorporated.
- Blend in the vanilla
- On low speed blend in the sifted ingredients in 3 additions
- Beating until the flour particles are absorbed.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl frequently to keep dough even textured.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, coconut and pecans……
- Shape the cookies;………
- Place heaping 2 tablespoon-size mounds of dough on prepared pans, ( pudgy mounds ) spacing the mounds about 3 inches apart
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 16 to 17 minutes , or until set and a spotty golden color on top
- The centers should not look wet, but careful do not over bake these or they will be dry………instead of moist
- Let cookies stand on pans for 1 minutes then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely
- Spoon and spread the turtle topping in my recipes…..randomly over the cookies
- After one minute scatter the chocolate chips over each cookie
- Let the cookies stand until topping is set about 1 hour
- Store in single layers in airtight containers
- Makes 3 1/2 dozen
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
Coconut, chocolate, pecans... I just can't win with you, tink but thanks anyway! FIVE!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
5'er on this one too.henrie in Savannah loved it
Just call me Cookie Monster.Thanks Tink!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!