Milk Chocolate Chip Mud SquaresFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1-cup plus 2 tablespoon bleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2- tablespoons un-sweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4-- cup milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2- pound ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to tepid shopping list
- 5- ounces unsweetened chocolate , melted and cooled to tepid shopping list
- 4- large eggs shopping list
- 2- cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2- teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 - cups coarsely chopped nuts ( pecans macadamia , or walnuts) shopping list
- ******************************* shopping list
- nut topping ;…… shopping list
- 3/4-- cup chopped nuts the same type you will use in the batter shopping list
- 1/2- cup milk chocolate chips shopping list
- powdered sugar for sifting over the top of the squares….. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F., film the inside of a 10 x 10 by 2 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Sift the flour , cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- In a small bowl , toss the chocolate chips with ½ teaspoon of the sifted mixture
- Whisk the melted butter, and melted chocolate in a medium size mixing bowl until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 minute to blend, add the sugar and whisk for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until just incorporated.
- Blend in the vanilla extract
- Sift the flour mixture over and stir in , mixing until the particles of flour are absorbed, using a wooden spoon, whisk, or flat paddle……
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts……
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees f. for 25 minutes.
- Carefully sprinkle with the nuts and chocolate chips, and continue baking 10 to 15 minutes longer…or until set….
- Let stand in pan on a cooling rack for 4 hours, then refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm to cut….
- Cut the bars into quarters then cut each quarter into 4 squares.
- Remove the squares and serve or store tightly sift powdered sugar on top…….if you wish…….
- Makes 16 squares……
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating6 people
Oh, yeah! Five... five... five. Thanks, tink! I added this to the bar cookie group for ya.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Okay GF your stealing my thunder again. LOL
This has got to be so decadent. Love it, 5 forker for this one. Now stop it! ROTFLMBOhenrie in Savannah loved it
Tink...one word...Y-U-M! ~Linlinspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!