Braised Brisket With CranberriesFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 3lb. beef brisket,fat trimmed to a 1/4" layer shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 3Tbs flour shopping list
- 1 can(14.5oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1c dry red wine,such as cabernet sauvignon shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2Tbs. unsulfered molasses shopping list
- 1 bag(12oz) cranberries shopping list
- 1 bag (1lb) frozen pearl onions shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350, with rack in lowest position. Season brisket with salt and pepper. Heat a 5qt. dutch oven or heavy pot over med-high. Add brisket,,fat side down. Cook till browned,8 to 10 mins.,rotating once.. Transfer brisket to a plate(reserve pot).
- Add flour to pot and cook,stirring,30 seconds. Add broth,wine bay leaf,molasses,half the cranberries and 2c water;bring to boil. Return brisket to pot,and cover. Transfer to oven and bake 3 hours.
- Stir in onions,cover,and return pot to oven. Cook 30 mins more. Stir in remaining cranberries;return pot to oven. Cook,uncovered,until brisket is fork-tender,30 mins more. Discard bay leaf before serving.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
This sounds really delicious...thanks so much! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Oooooo yeah i love this one pleclare sounds delish!!!!!!!!
big hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Man does this sound good! Got my 5!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it