Not Your Usual Saucy Chicken Over RiceFrom r8chreid 8 years ago
- 3-4 Tbsp bacon fat shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups miced onion shopping list
- 1 cup minced celery shopping list
- 3/4 cup minced green bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp miced garlic (more or less to taste, I like more!) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp mild paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 can minced clams with broth shopping list
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions; white and green portions shopping list
- 1/4 cup basil chiffonade shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat bacon in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute over med heat, stirring frequently for about 6 minutes. Add the celery, bell pepper and garlic; cover pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the paprika, white pepper, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Saute stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and pasty, about 3 minutes. Add the broth and stir well to work out any lumps and add the the minced clams with their broth. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add chicken. Cover the pot and cook over low heat, stirring frequently until chicken is cooked through and tender, about 40 minutes. If the sauce is too thin remove lid and allow to reduce 10 minutes.
- Serve over steaming hot basmati rice.