Curried Rice with ShrimpFrom saucylady 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, 2 1/2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and nestle them in the partially cooked rice. Cover and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes. Fold in the basil and serve.
The Cooksaucylady Canton, OH
The Rating3 people
You definately get a really high 5 on this one!!!albys1 in Broomall loved it
I made this for dinner this evening and enjoyed it. I did not use onions and carrots b/c I did not have them on hand. I subbed 1/2 cup water for half and half in attempts to make it creamier as I do not care for coconut (milk). I also added a bit of ...moreDetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!