Tinks Rocky Road FudgeFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 2- packages ( 12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels shopping list
- 2 sticks of butter shopping list
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1- 8 ounce jar of marshmallow creme shopping list
- 2- cups chopped nuts shopping list
- 1/2 bag of minature marshmallows shopping list
- 4 -cups sugar shopping list
- 1- can evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a very large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except milk and sugar.. and minature marshmallows ........set aside
- prepare cookie sheet by lightly spraying with non stick spray
- in a large sauce pan about 4 quart size
- add 1 can evaporated milk and the sugar stir to blend and then cook over medium heat... stirring constantly until mixture comes to a soft boil about 12-14 minutes, careful not to scorch it .....keep stirring
- using a candy thermometer it should reach a soft ball stage .
- add the hot candy mixture to the prepared bowl and stir with wooden spoon until all is mixed and gets thicker. a few minutes ......when all blended and butter melted add 1/2 bag of minature marshmallows and stir just enough to blend
- pour into cookie sheet do not stir it in the pan or smooth it with the spoon pour and shake it into place .......
- let cool until firm ........then cut into desired pieces store in air tight container
- this fudge is not hard it is very creamy but wait till you taste it delicious .so let it cool..........
- ok here are my variations i make ............using the same recipe ommiting the minature marshmallows make regular fudge use any nuts you like sometimes i put half almonds and pecans or walnuts your choice or leave them out ........you can put whole pieces or half pieces ...........
- now heres another one ************************
- for peanut butter fudge using same basic recipe
- omitt the chocolate chips .....replace with 12 ounces peanut butter chips and 14 ounces of creamy peanut butter
- ommit i stick of butter because the peanut butter is so creamy it self everything else is the same ..............
- you can also make rocky road peanut butter fudge which is a favorite around our house .by adding the marshmallows at the end as the recipe above...............hope you enjoy this its easy to make and great to eat..............
- makes 5 pounds of candy
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating5 people
tink, it sounds really good. thanks for passing it on. looks like a 5 to me. happy cooking
paulapaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it
You had me at the marshamallow creme, tink. Five. Thanks, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
One of my favorites as a kiddo and still as an adult. thanks.. now to make it.. can you just send me some? *ducks*
*grins*tinmaninoz in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!