Buttermilk Fried Chicken With GravyFrom paulasue1 6 years ago
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (2 1/2 - 3 pounds) cut up shopping list
- 1 cup buttermik shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 sp. pepper shopping list
- cooking oil to fry shopping list
- gravy shopping list
- 3 TBS. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in a large flat dish. Pour buttermilk over; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large double-strength paper bag.
- Drain chicken pieces; toss, one at a time, in flour mixture. Shake off excess; place on wax paper for 15 minutes to dry.
- Heat 1/8 to 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Fry chicken until browned on all sides.
- Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is tender.
- Uncover and cook chicken 5 minutes longer.
- Remove and keep chicken warm.
- Drain all but 1/4 cup drippings in skillet.
- Stir in flour until bubbly.
- Add milk and 1 1/2 cups water; cook 1 minute more.
- Add remaining water if needed. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with chicken.
- Try it over garlic mashed potatoes for a real treat.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- lalitahenry Nowhere, Us
- kathystark Nowhere, Us
- DeLoisC Nowhere, Us
- Teddyjs Nowhere, Us
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- meals4abby Valders, WI
- rockytop Port St Lucie, FL
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpaulasue1 Litchfield Park, AZ
The Rating4 people
sounds yummy, you got my 5capedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
This is divine!!! High-5!!meals4abby in Valders loved it
i have had this my mother would change and make this once in a while... it is sooooooooooo good thank you for sharing paula
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it