Key Lime BreadFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 2/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons key lime OR regular lime zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoons key lime OR regular lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Coat two 9x5x3 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs.
- Beat well.
- Add lime zest, lime juice and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the milk into the butter mixture.
- Fold in walnuts, if desired.
- Divide batter between two prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes OR until bread tests done.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool breads 10 minutes in pans.
- Remove from pans.
- Drizzle glaze over warm breads.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
love the recipe and the ingredients thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I agree!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I went to Key West last April and tried Key Lime Pie for the first time. I am in love with Key lime now. lol. thanks and bookmarkedsunflower48386 in White Lake loved it